2013-2014 RECC Rule Sheet
- Each school may only field one team. Each team must consist of four (4) or five (5) members. At least one team member must be a first year MBA student and one must be a second year MBA. Your team may include a maximum of one non-MBA student, but the remaining four team members must be MBAs. The composition of the team may not change after December 1st, 2013.
- In addition to the information used in this case, you may also use other relevant and credible third party sources of information. However, once the Case is distributed, outside assistance is NOT acceptable. Procuring such assistance is prohibited and will result in the team being disqualified from this and future competitions.
- No additional information will be provided. Please make reasonable assumptions if necessary and cite them in your analysis. Any questions about the case may be sent to Aren Turpening (email@example.com). Any questions that can be answered will be emailed to all teams.
- The case will be distributed on Friday, November 1st, 2013 via email.
- All presentations and deliverables are due by Thursday, November 7th at 2:30pm EST. You will have the opportunity to share your presentation on Friday, December 6th during the competition.
- All teams must submit presentations for both the first round and the final round. There will be no changes necessary between rounds for those teams which are selected for the finals.
- The top team from each of the four preliminary groups will advance to the final round. Please consult the finalized agenda that will be published closer to the competition date regarding the timing of the rounds.
- The presentations for the first round will be limited to 30 minutes in length, 20 minutes for the presentation and 10 minutes for questions from the judges. There is no limit on the number of slides.
- The presentations for the final round will also be limited to 30 minutes in length, 20 minutes for the presentation and 10 minutes for questions from the judges. Again, there is no limit on the number of slides.
- Each team should select a name which provides no reference to their school, mascots, etc. Neither school logos nor any other school reference are to be included on the team's presentation materials. This includes PowerPoint presentations, slides, posters, clothing and documents. No verbal references of school affiliation are to be made to the Judges during a team's presentation.
- Each presentation room has two full size projection screens that allow for simultaneous use of computer projection. Each room will contain a computer with Microsoft PowerPoint, and the designated Room Host will have your presentation loaded on the laptop and ready to run at the start of your presentation. If you would like to view the presentation rooms, you may do so at anytime prior to events beginning Friday morning.
- Withdrawing from the RECC after being admitted and confirmed attendance will result in the school not being invited back to the RECC for two years.
- Awards for the competition will be in the amount of $4000 for the first place team, $2000 for the second place team, and $1000 for the third place team.